Welcome to Tuscarawas County Ohio
Welcome to Tuscarawas County Ohio! World class museums, hundreds of events, and exciting outdoor activities await you and your family. Don’t know how to get here? We’re located along I-77 between Columbus, Cleveland and Pittsburgh – click here for directions. Do you have questions or need more information? Our website and travel guide are filled to the brim with information to help you plan your trip! Call our offices at (800) 527-3387 or visit us at 124 E High Avenue in downtown New Philadelphia Ohio; we’re located across the street from the Tuscarawas County Courthouse. We’re open Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm and our visitor kiosk is open seven days a week from 6am to 12am!
Visit and enjoy the big stories our small towns have to offer – did you know that over four movies have been filmed here in Tuscarawas County Ohio? That’s just the tip of the iceberg! Our partners have experiences that are sure to inspire, excite and motivate you. Book your hotel rooms early, our rooms fill up fast!
Whether you want a delicious farm-to-fork dining experience, wonderful home-cooked Italian cuisine or family style Amish cooking, Tuscarawas County Ohio has you covered. Our partner’s unique offerings cater to all taste profiles and price points. Stop on your way through for a quick bite or bring the whole family and make a night of it!
Tuscarawas County Ohio offers many quality and affordable lodging options for our road-weary travelers. All of our partner’s hotels are located conveniently near major roadways, restaurants and attractions. Our Bed & Breakfasts offer scenic vistas for that perfect getaway weekend and we have hundreds of campsites for RVers and hikers alike.
Looking to get out of the house and travel? Tuscarawas County Ohio is bursting with activity! Be sure to check out our exhaustive events calendar – there you’ll find the dates to all your favorite shows and festivals – and always find something to do every month and all through the week!
The JE Reeves Museum will be celebrating their Opening Day of the 2017 season on June 1! Tours are held Wednesday – Sunday from Noon to 4 p.m. There will be a Vintage Quilt Display throughout the mansion.
Festival season is upon us!
Here's a quick look at all the major festivals happening here in Tuscarawas County:
- Maifest, Zoar, May 20
- Canal Dover Festival, Dover, May 26-28
- Dennison Railroad Festival, Dennison, June 7-10
- Fabulous 50s Fling, Sugarcreek, June 9-10
- Dog Fest of Zoar, Zoar, June 10-11
- Bolivar Strawberry Festival, Bolivar, June 15-17
- Tusky Days Festival, Village of Tuscarawas, June 16-18
- Cy Young Days Festival, Newcomerstown, June 23-25
- Gnadenhutten Fireworks Festival, Gnadenhutten, June 29-July 2
- First Town Days Festival, New Philadelphia, June 30 - July 4
- St. Joseph's Catholic Church Festival, Dover, July 14-16
- Alive Festival, Mineral City, July 19-22
- Strasburg Corn Festival, Strasburg, July 28-29
- Zoar Harvest Festival, Zoar, July 29-30
- Pioneer Power Dover Steam Show, Dover, August 18-20
- Jammin' Food Truck Festival, Schoenbrunn Village, September 2
- Midvale Miners Festival, Midvale, September 8-10
- Tuscarawas County Fair, Dover, September 18-24
- Ohio Swiss Festival, Sugarcreek, September 29-30